Culver was first a stage stop near Haystack Reservoir and is named for its first postmaster, O.G. Collver. With the coming of the railroad, the town site was moved to its present location. When the governor issued a proclamation establishing Jefferson County in 1914, he also appointed a three man county court. They were to pick a temporary county seat. After twenty ballots in two days which all ended in one vote each for Culver, Metolius and Madras, the Metolius Commissioner cast his vote for Culver.
At the general election in 1916, Madras was voted in as the permanent county seat for the county, but Culver has the distinction of being the first Jefferson County seat. The building that housed the courthouse still stands today.
Culver School District #4 does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, veterans' status, genetic information or age in providing education or access to benefits of education services, activities and programs in accordance with Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and other civil rights or discrimination issues; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; and the Americans with Disabilities Act; and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
The following person has been designated as a contact regarding these legal requirements and may be contacted for additional information and/or compliance issues:
Jodi Henry Fiscal Personnel Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org (541)-546-7506.